Use colorful kitchen sponges to create this school of Finding Nemo-inspired fish. Kids will love using aquarium nets to go bobbing for their favorite movie characters — like Dory, Peach and Nemo.
What You’ll Need
- Clean, new sponges in orange, blue and pink
How To Play
- Print and cut out the templates.
- Use templates to trace shapes onto clean, new sponges. This works best when sponges are still damp from their packaging. Note: Tracing is a good task for preschoolers working on their hand-eye coordination.
- For Sponge Painting: Use sponges to re-create Finding Nemo art. Have kids dip sponges in paint and then press them onto blue construction paper, creating their own under-the-sea scene.
- For Bath Time: Have fun in the tub with your Nemo friends. Give kids clean, new aquarium sponges and let them try to catch the floating sponges.
- For Party Time: Drop sponges into a tub of water. Have kids take turns using aquarium nets to fish out their favorite sponges. Aquarium nets come in a variety of sizes; have kids try catching all of the sponges in a big net, or have them try to grab one sponge in a small net. After the party, guests can take sponges home as favors.
Safety note: Grown-ups should always monitor children when playing with water.
Cutting should be done by an adult.