If your little one is curious about astronomy, this flashlight activity is a great way to teach them about the constellations. You might recognize some iconic ones in Hercules. How many can you find?
What You’ll Need
- Black construction paper
- Pen or pencil
How To Play
- Trace the circumference of a flashlight’s lens on a sheet of black construction paper.
- Cut the circular disc out and sketch a constellation lightly onto the disc’s face. (We drew Hercules.)
- Using the tip of a pen or a sharp pencil, punch holes into the paper disc. This will create the constellation’s stars.
- Fit the paper disc over the lens of the flashlight, using double sided tape to fix it in place.
- Flash the light into a dark room and enjoy a starry sky.
Posted 8 months Ago