Pretty Little Liars fans know one thing for sure: A is always watching. The mysterious A lives to keep Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hannah in suspense – with style. There’s nothing more sinisterly spooky than a glowing jack o’ lantern, except for one carved with A’s charming, alarming signature.
What You’ll Need
- Pumpkin carving kit
- Water-based marker (optional)
- Paper towels
- Clear tape
- Regular paper or cardstock
How To Play
- There are two ways to transfer your design onto the pumpkin. One is to copy it freehand onto a clean, dry pumpkin with a water-based marker (mistakes can be easily corrected with a paper towel). The other is to tape your template to the pumpkin, then score the design into the skin by poking holes through the template with a nail, pin, or plastic poking tool (available in some pumpkin-carving kits.)
- Carve by starting at the center of your design and working outward (this avoids putting pressure on areas already carved). Begin with the innermost and smallest details. As each shape loosens up, gently push it out of the pumpkin with a finger or a dull pencil point (a good job for young kids).
- Lastly, put your jack-o’-lantern in a place of honor (away from flammables), and remember to blow out all candles before you go to sleep. If you carve a foam pumpkin, use a battery operated candle instead of a flame candle to light the inside.
If you cut something you didn’t intend to, perform an ad hoc pumpkin surgery: stick a toothpick through the flesh side of the piece and fit it back into place. Or if you used a foam pumpkin, use craft glue to put the piece back into place.
Cutting should be done by an adult.