Wakanda Forever! Black Panther is such an iconic film for parents and kids alike. So, we decided to put together a fun movie night, incorporating the vibrant colors sprinkled throughout the film.
Creating a themed recipe and craft makes any family viewing party extra special. We recommend some felt pennants and delicious milkshakes to get the party started. All you need to add is popcorn! Read on to see how to throw this Black Panther movie night.
Your #WakandaWeekend is here! Bring home Black Panther, now available on Digital, Movies Anywhere, 4K UHD, and Blu-ray.
Black Panther Pennants
Make these felt flags to commemorate the movie. Your little superhero is sure to love them!
What You’ll Need
- Thick marker
- Wooden dowel
- Stiff felt in gray, black, purple, and teal
- Craft knife
- Fine tip marker
- Fabric glue
- Hot Glue
How to Make It
- Add stripes to the dowel with a thick marker. Let dry.
- Use a craft knife and ruler to cut out a flag shape from a sheet of gray felt. Use this shape as a template to create more flags.
- For the Black Panther mask pennant, use chalk to draw an outline of the mask shape onto a sheet of black felt, then cut out the shape. Use a marker to draw the details of the mask onto gray felt. Draw 2 oblong eye shapes, a small forehead stripe, nose, and slightly squiggly lines on the forehead and bottom sides of the mask. Cut out the pieces with scissors.
- Glue each piece to the mask, position them so the majority fit on the flag, then cut off any excess.
- For the “Wakanda Forever” pennants, use the marker to draw letters on the teal and purple felt. Taper the letters so that the first is the largest and the last is the smallest. Cut them out. Then, glue the letters to the flags.
- For all flags, cut a rectangular piece of felt in a contrasting color (black or gray) and hot glue one side to the edge of the flags. Position the dowel on the back of the flags and fold over the contrasting felt piece so the dowel is covered. Hot glue to secure.
Black Panther Milkshakes
These blackberry milkshakes are the perfect movie-watching treats! Dress up the glasses with an easy craft inspired by Black Panther’s “necklace.”
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup blackberries
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Silver cardstock
- Scissors or craft knife
- Double-sided tape
- Honeycomb stir sticks
- Striped straws
- Combine ice cream, milk, and blackberries in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add additional milk to get the consistency you prefer—we love this milkshake super thick!
- Cut out the Black Panther necklace shapes from silver cardstock and attach them to tall glasses with double-sided tape.
- Pour milkshake into glasses, and top with whipped cream and crushed cookies. Add a honeycomb stir stick and straw to each. Enjoy!
Note: All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
For another fun family activity, try this Moana-inspired workout: