Paid partnership with SOLO® Cup.
Any new Star Wars film is a call for celebration! Our kiddos can’t wait to learn the backstory of one of their favorite characters of all time. With the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story on May 25, we’re preparing in a big way with some delicious party-ready treats.
These layered fruit smoothies are inspired by the planet and colors featured in the film and are garnished with printable straw toppers! From Han and Chewie to Beckett and Qi’Ra, everyone will have a character both old and new to cheers to.
PREP: 15 Min
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 Cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup nonfat milk
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 Cup fresh mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into pieces
- 1 small orange, peeled and slices
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple, cut into pieces
- 4 (10 Oz.) SOLO® Clear Cups
- In a blender, combine a third of the banana pieces, all strawberries, all raspberries, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, and ice and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium container and set aside.
- Rinse the blender and combine half of the remaining banana, all mango, all orange slices, 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, and ice and blend until smooth. Pour into a second container and set aside.
- Rinse the blender and combine all the pineapple and the remaining banana, yogurt, milk and ice, and blend until smooth.
- Beginning with the strawberry smoothie, pour about 1″ of smoothie into each cup, followed by a layer of the orange smoothie, then pineapple smoothie, and finish with the strawberry smoothie.
- Garnish each with a straw topper.
Solo: A Star Wars Story Straw Toppers
What You’ll Need
- Straw topper printables
- Yellow construction paper
- Hot glue
- Gold paper straws
How To Make It
- Download, print, and cut out the printables.
- Then, trace them over the yellow paper and cut them out.
- Add 1 drop of glue on the far right and left edges of the yellow pieces, then place the printables on top.
- Slide the straws through the 2 pieces and adjust the position of the completed toppers as desired.
- Add to your smoothies.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
SOLO® Cup is happy to be your partner in crime for every gathering of food, fun, and friendship! Take your SOLObrations to the next level and visit solobration.com/starwars to enter for a chance to win prizes in the EPIC SOLObration Sweeps. You could win a trip for four to LA for the premiere of Solo: A Star Wars Story (enter now through 4/30/18) or receive a SOLO Party Pack (one drawing each week) with Fandango movie tickets (enter now through 6/30/18). Official Rules at SOLOCup.com. No Purchase Necessary. US 21+ only.