As any new parent knows, having a brand new baby is truly like entering a whole new world. Welcome your new bundle of joy home, with this sweet cross stitch inspired by Aladdin.
Whether you hang it over a crib or set it on a shelf, this DIY is sure to bring the magic of this Disney classic to your nursery.
For more Disney magic, try these Steamboat Willie Party Glasses:
What You’ll Need
- Cross stitch pattern
- 11 or 14-count cross stitch fabric
- Embroidery hoop
- Colorful embroidery floss
- Large embroidery needle
How To Make It
- Download and print the pattern.
- Use a ruler and a pen to find the middle and mark it. You’ll be starting here and working your way out.
- Next, thread your needle and tie a knot at the end.
- Add your fabric to the hoop. Then pull the needle up through the back of the lower right hand corner of the first square, then back in through the top left corner.
- Pull it up again this time through the lower left hand corner and then down through the upper right corner—making an “x.”
- It is important to always have the top stitch going the same way. This makes for a neater look.
- Using the pen, make a mark on each square you’ve completed on the pattern. This way you will always know where you left off.
- Be patient! This may take you a few sittings to complete.
- When you’ve finished the pattern, take it out of the embroidery hoop and find a frame for your masterpiece!
- If the fabric is too thick or extra is coming out from behind the frame, trace the back of the frame onto the cross stitch piece, cut it out, and glue it onto the back. Just make sure it’s centered.
All cutting should be done by an adult.