Whenever your life starts to feel a little mundane … open the cover and peer inside for a peek into Wonderland.
Time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Scissors (or craft knife)
- Glue or double-sided tape
How To Make It
- Print out the shadow box on cardstock and cut out all of the pieces. Do not cut along the dashed lines — this is where you will fold the paper. Use a craft knife to cut out the white shape on the Top Cover, Top Liner, and Frame. Do not allow children to use the craft knife.
- Stage and Backdrop: Fold all the tabs away from you on the stage except for the F tabs — fold those two tabs toward you. Glue the E and C tabs to the white side of the D tabs and then tuck and glue the B and A tabs like a box. Fold the A tab of the backdrop towards you and glue it to the white side of the part of the stage with the grass design. Now glue the F tabs to the back of the sides of the backdrop. Glue down the floor of the stage to secure it. Set aside these completed pieces for later.
- Top Cover and Top Liner: Make all of the folds in the top cover away from you. Cut a piece of white tissue paper (the kind used in a gift bag) and glue it to the back white side of the top cover over where you cut out the heart. Make the folds in the top liner towards you and glue it over the tissue paper to secure it by gluing the A tab to the top liner. Make sure the point in the cut-out on the top liner lines up with the heart’s point.
- Box Wrap and Frame: Make all of the folds in the box wrap and frame away from you. Use a craft knife to cut a slit in the latch on the frame so that you can slip the cover tab into it later. Glue the A tab of the frame to the bottom of the middle side of the box wrap. Glue the A tabs on the box wrap to the white side of the base of the frame.
- Drop the completed stage and backdrop piece into the box and close it by gluing the B and C tabs on the frame to the inside of the box. Glue the cover piece to the top by tucking and gluing the B tabs on the cover to the inside of the top of the box. Glue down the flap on the back of the cover to the outside of the back of the box. Use the tabs on the characters to glue them to the stage floor. You’re finished!
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 years Ago