When the sky’s awake, it’s the perfect time to create! Add warmth to the heart of your Frozen-themed party with this Anna-inspired wall hanger.
Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock (white)
- Clear tape
- Glue stick
- Navy blue or black string or yarn
- Adhesive poster strips or adhesive putty
- Purple, green and blue gems, jewels and glitter (optional)
- Purple fabric or poster board (optional)
How To Make It
- Download and print the Anna wall hanger printable on regular paper or cardstock. Print enough cutouts so each shape is double sided.
- Cut out all of the arrow shapes, the green and blue triangles, the purple and blue squares, the pink and green squares, the light and dark blue triangles, the green and white circles and the blue crown shape.
- Arrange the arrow shapes, printed sides down, into two columns of three arrows, two columns of four arrows and two columns of five arrows. Alternate between the arrows with pink centers and those with blue centers and leave small gaps between them. The arrows should point downward.
- Cut six equal lengths of string or yarn that are about 12 inches longer than the longest columns of arrows. Tape the lengths of string or yarn along the center backs of the shapes that make each column. The bottom end of the yarn should be concealed underneath the arrow shape at the bottom of each column, and the top end of the yarn should extend above the top arrow shape of each column.
Tip: Do this one row at a time and use small pieces of tape.
- Tape a light and dark blue triangle over the top end of every length of yarn. The pink semicircle should be at the top.
- Glue another Nordic design cutout to the back of each corresponding shape so that each shape is double sided. This will ensure that even when the shapes on the hanger move naturally, a printed side will be showing.
- Arrange a green and blue triangle at the top of a new column, with the leaf shapes at the top. Place the blue crown shape, with the flat edge at the bottom, underneath the triangle. Underneath the crown, place a green and white circle, followed by a pink and green square, then another circle, another pink and green square, one more circle, then a final pink and green square. Pivot the squares so that they resemble diamond shapes.
- Tape length of ribbon or yarn along the backs of these shapes in the same manner as the previous columns. Glue corresponding shapes to the back of the cutouts so that each shape is double sided when it hangs.
- Arrange two final columns, each with two purple and blue squares. Pivot the squares to form diamond shapes and arrange them so that the side points are at equal distances apart as the lower two circles of the previous column, as shown in the main image. Flip the diamond shapes over so that the printed sides are down.
- Cut two lengths of yarn or string that are approximately 3 to 5 inches longer than the columns of arrows.
- Apply glue over the backs of the purple and blue diamonds. Lay the string over the centers of the diamonds so that the bottom end of the string is in the middle of the bottom diamond and the top end of the string extends above the upper diamond. Fold the diamonds in half along their marked center lines to form triangle shapes, sandwiching the string in the middle, as shown.
Optional: Decorate the shapes with jewels and glitter that complement the colors of the printables.
- Secure the strands in place along the wall, at equal distances apart, using adhesive putty or poster strips. The center string should be the row with the crown, circles and pink and green diamonds. Place the columns with the folded blue and purple triangles to the right and left sides of the center string, with the points of the triangles pointing inward towards the lower two circles. Working from the center outward, the columns with five arrows each go next, followed by the four-arrow columns, then finally the shortest columns of arrows.
Optional: Mount a piece of purple fabric or poster board to the wall as a backdrop before you tape the hanging strands.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Adhesive putty and poster strips can usually be removed without leaving marks on your wall, so they are ideal for temporary party decorations.