No one accessorizes quite like Ariel, but you can get close with these under-the-sea shrink charms — perfect for adding some splash to your style!
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- White or clear shrink paper for inkjet printers (you can purchase this at art/craft supply stores or online)
- Printed charms
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories
- Cardboard or spatula (optional)
- Clear nail polish
- Jump rings (optional)
How To Make It
- Print the charms on shrink paper and cut them out.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the hole where indicated before you bake it. If you want to attach the charm to a barrette or pin, simply cut under the hole to remove it. You can also cut off the white border if you wish for the charm to be completely in color.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let the nail polish dry.
- Add the charms to whatever you’d like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach them to a cell phone charm strap or zipper pulls. You can also glue charms to barrettes and hair pins.
Posted 6 years Ago