Scientist Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his faithful assistant, Beaker, are always stirring up trouble at Muppet Labs. Re-enact your favorite Muppet mishaps with these handy spoon puppets.
What You’ll Need
- Regular wooden spoon and a wider rice spoon
- Orange fake craft fur
- Black chenille stem
- Fabric glue
- Small orange pom-pom
- Yellow foam sponge
- White, red, blue, pink, light blue, black, and beige felt squares
How To Make It
- For Beaker’s hair, cut a small strip of the orange fake fur and glue it around the regular-sized wooden spoon.
- Glue on the googly eyes, orange pom-pom and a small rectangle of black felt to the back of the spoon to form Beaker’s face.
- Cut out 2 long v-neck t-shirt shapes from the white felt. Cut out another 2 long t-shirt shapes from the white felt without the V-necks. This is the front and back of their lab coats.
- Cut out the lab coat accents such as two lapels, small circles for buttons, and a tiny pocket from the white felt. Cut a square each from the pink and blue felt, as well as two small rectangles. Cut tie shapes from the red and black felt.
- Glue the red tie shape on top of the pink colored square. Then glue it under one of the V-neck lab coats.
- Add the lapels, buttons, pocket, and cuffs to the lab coats.
- Cut out two pairs of hands from the beige felt.
- Glue hands to the ends of the arms of Beaker’s lab coat. Now glue the front of the wooden spoon.
- For Dr. Honeydew’s face, twist the black chenille stem into a pair of eyeglasses. Fold back onto the wide rice spoon to secure them. Cut out an oval shape from the yellow sponge and glue it onto the spoon for his nose. Glue a thin rectangle from the black felt for his mouth.
- Glue hands to the ends of the arms of Dr. Honeydew’s lab coat. Now glue the front of the wide wooden rice spoon.
- Be sure to glue on the backs of the lab coats of Beaker and Dr. Honeydew.
Posted 6 years Ago