Celebrate your love for Beauty and the Beast with a cross stitch design that’s perfect for any home or enchanted castle. Easily print the template designs and use them to create your own, “Tale as old as time,” quote and enchanted rose cross stitch set.
See the enchanting tale of Beauty and the Beast come to life again and again. Beauty and the Beast is now available on Blu-ray & Digital HD.
What You’ll Need
- Aida Fabric 14-Count (white)
- Embroidery hoop
- Tapestry needles
- Embroidery floss
How To Make It
- Cut a 10″ x 10″ square of Adia Fabric.
- Find the center of fabric by folding the fabric into fourths. When you open the fabric you will see an “X” made by the creases. Where the “X” connects is the center of the fabric. This is near where you will start stitching.
- Place the fabric into the embroidery hoop.
- Cut a long piece of embroidery floss. The embroidery floss is made of six strings. Pull two of the strings off of the floss and use this to thread your needle.
- Find the center of the cross stitch pattern and start stitching the nearest horizontal line.
- To begin stitching, start from the back of the fabric and pull the need through at the bottom left corner to the upper right corner of the “X” you are about to make. Leave a tail of thread on the back of the fabric that you will stitch over to secure down. Then stitch the upper left corner to the bottom right corner to complete the “X”. Use the pattern to guide you on which squares to fill in with the correct color. Stitch with one color at a time and skip over squares that are left blank or aren’t the right corresponding color. You will fill in these squares once you switch colors.
- To finish off the thread, slide it through the loops like the channel you made by the stitching. To change colors or start a new tread, slide the thread through the loops like you did to finish off your previous thread, or you can leave a tail and stitch it down as you go, like you did with your very first thread.
- Once your design is complete, leave it in the hoop and trim the edges of the fabric, or remove from the hoop and frame it for a more modern look.
All cutting and tapestry needle use should be supervised by an adult.