Your little ones can be like Belle with this a hair barrette resembling the iconic red rose from Beauty and the Beast.
What You’ll Need
- Red Felt
- Green Felt
- White Fabric Pencil
- Mixing Bowl
- Hot Glue
How To Make It
- Use a mixing bowl and fabric pencil to trace a circle onto red felt. Make sure to leave half of an inch of felt around the edge.
- Freehand half-circle shapes all the way around the circle, creating a flower-like shape. Cut out.
- To transform your felt piece into a rose, start cutting about half an inch into the flower shape. Continue cutting around in a spiral shape until you reach the center.
- Starting from the outside edge, roll the felt tightly, following along the entire spiral shape. Use a dot of hot glue to secure the felt from unraveling.
- On your green felt, freehand leaf shapes to fit your rose. We chose a teardrop shape. Hot glue the leaves to the back of the rose.
- Hot glue the rose with leaves onto the barrette and let dry.
- Wear the rose barrette in your hair and become the Belle of the ball.
Posted 4 years Ago