The Good Dinosaur is an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. Host an artful playdate, and create these friendly-faced best friends mugs, perfect for an adventurous duo ready to make their mark together.
Disney/Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur is now available on Blu-ray, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- 2 ceramic mugs
- The Good Dinosaur Best Friends Mugs template
- Carbon transfer tracing paper
- Painter’s tape
- Craft stylus
- Small paint brushes
- Acrylic paint for glass and ceramics (green, black, white, brown, orange)
How To Make It
- Wash mugs with soap and water.
- Print template and cut into two, using Arlo for one mug and Spot for another.
- Place carbon transfer paper on mug. Use stylus to trace template design and transfer design onto each mug. You may want to use painter’s tape to hold the design in one position as you trace.
- Paint corresponding colors onto the surface of mug with paints and brush. Use stylus to complete facial features.
- Set the oven to 360 degrees and immediately place the painted mug in the oven. To prevent cracking, do not pre-heat oven prior to placing ceramic mug inside. Pre-heating may cause the ceramic mug to heat up too quickly.
- Bake mugs for 30 minutes. When time is complete, turn oven off and allow mug to cool there. Removing mug from oven too quickly may cause the mug to crack.
The painted project becomes permanent after baking. All baking and oven use should be done by an adult.