This easy-to-make Chewbacca Utensil Holder will take your next Star Wars party from galactic to “Gawrgargawrgaaaaa.”
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Glass jar, medium
- Hot glue
- Brown faux fur
- Large googley eyes
- White, red, brown, grey felt
- Black button or pom-pom
- Glass jar, small (optional)
How To Make It
- First lay out your craft fur with the furry side down on a table, and place a jar at one end. You’ll want to measure how much material you’ll need by wrapping the jar in the faux fur. Leave some room on top of the fabric so the fur can be folded down over the lip of the jar.
- Once you have an idea of how much fabric you need, cut off the extra material.
- Glue one end of the fabric to the jar, then continue to wrap the jar in the fabric. Glue the other end to the jar.
- Put glue on the lip of the jar and fold the fabric over. Place extra beads of glue anywhere the fabric looks bumpy.
- For Chewie’s face, glue on 2 large googley eyes. For his mouth, cut an oval out of the red felt and triangle teeth out of white felt; glue them together. Then glue a black button or a black pom-pom on, for his nose.
- Make Chewie’s bandolier by cutting a long rectangle of brown felt long enough to wrap around the body. Glue the ends together to make a sash. Cut small grey rectangles and glue to the bandolier. Place around the body diagonally.
- Optional: Wrap the extra faux fur around smaller jars to make more holders.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 7 years Ago