This fancy, Cinderella-inspired fascinator is perfect for any royal occasion.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Felt (any colors you like)
- Ribbon (15 inches, any colors you like)
- Faux jewels or gems
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue or craft glue
How To Make It
- Cut two circles from felt, each with a 1.5 inch diameter.
- Thread a needle with the same color thread as the color ribbon you’ve chosen. Starting at one end of the ribbon, weave the needle in and out along the bottom of the ribbon until you reach the other end of the ribbon.
- Scrunch the ribbon toward the center to create a pretty wave in the ribbon, then fold in a half inch at each end and sew neatly in place.
- Starting with one felt circle, begin to hot glue your way around the edge of the circle. Apply about a half-inch of glue, then place the sewed end of the ribbon into the glue. Repeat until you work the ribbon all the way around the outside of the felt circle.
- Then begin to go around the felt again, inside the first row of ribbon, until you reach the center of the circle.
- Cut off any extra ribbon, fold the end neatly, and glue it carefully in the center of the circle.
- On the second felt circle, arrange the feathers any way you like and glue the ends into the center of the felt circle.
- Glue that felt circle to the back of the felt circle with the ribbon so that the feathers are glued between the two circles.
- Decorate your fascinator with glitter or faux jewels.
- Glue the back of your fascinator to a headband, head ribbon, clip, or comb. Allow the glue to dry fully before wearing it.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 1 year Ago