During her pursuit of the elusive white rabbit, Alice is destined for some curious encounters. Such is the case when she loses her way and the mome raths spring up and circle her feet. Ultimately, these wide-eyed, shaggy-topped creatures huddle together to form an arrow that points to the path Alice must follow.
With little more than a handful of craft sticks and craft feathers, you and your child can round up a colorful collection of whimsical critters much like the ones that reside in Tulgey Wood.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 wooden craft sticks
- Craft paints and a paintbrush
- Glue dots, 1/2-inch and mini sizes
- Craft feathers
- 2 small googly eyes
How To Make It
- Have your child paint the craft sticks, using a different color for each one. (Tip: You can hold each stick by the very top and leave that portion unpainted since it will be covered later.) Set the sticks aside until the paint is dry.
- Use a 1/2-inch glue dot to stick the tops of the sticks together, as shown.
- Glue feathers to the tops of the sticks, both on the front and the back.
- Use mini glue dots to attach the googly eyes, sticking them to the wood just below the feather on the front side.
Cutting should be done by an adult.