Bring the excitement of Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 to your living room with a DIY racetrack that the whole family will enjoy! It’s the perfect way to see Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez on the track again and again.
Fuel up on all things Cars with the Racing Sports Network. Watch weekly episodes featuring top Cars moments and discover the latest sweepstakes on Disney.com and Disney’s YouTube.
For more Disney magic, check out the Best Disney Pizza Recipes:
What You’ll Need
- Cardboard boxes
- Hot glue
- Craft knife
- Construction paper
- Colored pencils or markers
How To Make It
- Carefully cut cardboard boxes into long strips that are 4” wide. Use tape to connect the pieces into one long ramp.
- Measure 1” from the edge on each side of the cardboard piece and fold inwards to create a side wall for the ramp. Use tape to line the edge and keep the side well in place.
- Take turns holding the ramp up to different heights to test what works best. Show your kids how a tall ramp makes the car go fast, and a short ramp makes the car go slow.
- To create supports for your ramp, cut out additional 4” strips of cardboard. Draw out legs and carefully cut out. Make the supports taller at the start of the ramp, and shorter at the finish line.
- Make a divider down the center of the track with a strip of cardboard that is about half an inch tall. Wrap tape around the cardboard strip to give it an accent color. Hot glue into place. Let dry completely.
- Create a start and finish line by taping construction paper signs to toothpicks. Make sure to cut the signs to the same width as your track. Place at the start and finish of your track.
- Use a larger piece of cardboard to extend the start of the track and have more cards on deck.
- Ready, set, go! Take turns racing your cars and celebrating every win!
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.