Paid partnership with Hyundai USA.
There’s something so magical about fall—the changing leaves, the woodsy smells, and the brisk air. Embrace the season with a family adventure full of exploring and crafting. Create a beautiful Disney Princess Banner, ensuring a fun bonding experience for the whole family.
If it’s a special occasion, creating a scavenger hunt is a great way to surprise your little one! Display the pennant flags in hidden locations around the yard or park, each inspired by a different princess.
Then, hang the pennants along a string to spell out your kiddo’s name or an inspiring word.
After you arrive home from your journey, your little prince or princess will have a wall hanging fit for royalty.
Scroll through to see how to make this craft.
Looking for a new car to help with your family adventures? Check out the Hyundai Santa Fe, with enough trunk space for all of your craft supplies.
What You’ll Need
- Cream-colored felt
- Hot glue
- SLEEPING BEAUTY:
- Pink and blue felt
- Pink faux flowers with leaves
- Faux greenery
- Small faux bluebird
- Pink and blue ribbon
- Gold glitter craft foam
- SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS:
- Yellow, dark blue, red, white, brown, and green felt
- Yellow and blue faux flowers
- Faux greenery
- Red ribbon
- Pink, purple, and green felt
- Yellow yarn
- Pascal template
- Pink and purple faux flowers
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST:
- Yellow, red, blue, and white felt
- Red faux roses
- Faux leaves
- FOREST THEME:
- Faux greenery
How To Make It
- Create the base of the pennants: Cut 1 from the cream-colored felt, about 12” tall. Use a ruler and pencil to make straight lines. Use this as a template to cut out the other pennants.
- Create the letters: Use the ruler and pencil to create letters out of colorful felt, each about 8” tall. We used pink and blue felt for Sleeping Beauty-themed letters, yellow and dark blue for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, pink and purple for Tangled, and yellow and red for Beauty and the Beast.
- Cut out the letters, then glue them onto the pennants. (Tip: To attach each evenly, start by placing the letter exactly where you want it, then lift up parts of it to glue on without moving the whole letter.) Let them dry.
- Create the Sleeping Beauty letters: For the first pennant, glue the pink flowers and greenery to the top of the pennant, leaving a small spot open. Attach the bluebird at this place. Let everything dry.
- For the second pennant, start wrapping the blue ribbon around the pink, gluing and flattening on the top as you go. Cut out Aurora’s crown from the gold glitter craft foam. Glue it to the right corner of the pennant, and let it dry.
- Create the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs letters: For the first pennant, glue yellow flowers on the top left side and blue on the top right to create a color-blocking effect. Add some greenery. Make a bow from the red ribbon and glue it to the blue side. Let it dry.
- For the second pennant, cut out an apple from the red felt, the “poison” from the white felt, stem from brown, and leaf from green. Glue everything to the red felt piece to create the poison apple, then glue it to the pennant. Let it dry.
- Create the Tangled letters: For the first pennant, create a braid. Cut 24 pieces of yellow yarn, at least 20” long. Tie a knot at one end. Divide it into 3 equal parts (8 pieces in each part) and start braiding. Tie another knot once it’s as long as the top of your pennant. Leave a bit of extra yarn at one end. Then glue on a few pink and purple flowers, and attach the braid to the pennant. Let it dry.
- For the second pennant, download the Pascal template, print it on cardstock, and cut it out. Use this as a stencil to make his shape from green felt. Glue him onto the middle of the pennant. Let it dry.
- Create the Beauty and the Beast letters: Glue small roses and leaves to the top of the pennant. Let it dry.
- To make the second pennant, cut out a small rectangle from the blue felt. Cut out 2 pieces of white felt that are the same shape, but slightly smaller so they can fit inside the blue rectangle. Glue them all together only at the centerfold so it looks like a book! Glue it onto the right corner of the pennant. Let it dry.
- Create the forest-themed letter: Glue leaves and other greenery to the top of the pennant. Let it dry.
- Cut tiny slits on the top left and right corners of each pennant, and thread the string through to spell your word. Then hang it up for all to see!
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.