Editor’s Note: Disney Family participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Your daughter and her closest girlfriends will love these Disney Princess Friendship Necklaces! Whether your kiddo and her BFFs love Rapunzel, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, or Aurora, we have an easy-to-make accessory they can call their own. Using these simple instructions, each can represent their favorite Disney Princess every day!
For more Disney fun, check out this Little Mermaid Beach Towel:
What You’ll Need
- Shell, rose, crown, and glass slipper charms
- Small paintbrush
- Teal, blue, purple, pink, yellow, and white acrylic paints
- Colorful embroidery floss
- Jump rings and clasps (like these)
- White polymer clay (like this)
- Rolling pin
- Paring knife
- Parchment paper
- Glitter paint
- Needle nose pliers (like this)
How To Make It
- Start by customizing your charms. Use paint to make the rose red, the slipper silver, the shell purple, and the crown gold. To make Rapunzel’s braid, loop 6 strands of yellow floss through one of the jump rings. Make a knot, then braid a small section. Tie it off and trim.
- Next, braid various colors of floss together to make your necklaces. Use red, yellow, and pink for Belle; blues for Cinderella; pink and purples for Rapunzel; teal and purple for Ariel; and pink and blues for Aurora. You can either make them long enough to fit over the head, or leave a loop at either end and attach a clasp.
- To make your heart charms, start by rolling out white polymer clay to about 1/4” thick with a rolling pin or smooth plastic cup. Imprint a circle as a guide, then section off into 5 pieces.
- Use a small paring knife to “sketch” the heart shapes into the clay. This is just to see how you want the hearts to look. This side will be on the bottom so you won’t see your practice lines. Then, cut out each piece.
- Turn the hearts over and create a small hole in each. Place on parchment paper on a cookie tray and bake using instructions on the clay packaging.
- Take them out and let cool completely.
- Paint each one creating an ombre effect. Use yellow for Belle, blue for Cinderella, purple for Rapunzel, teal for Ariel, and pink and blue for Aurora. You can also add a little silver glitter to Cinderella for some extra magic!
- Use the jump rings and pliers to attach each charm to their heart and each heart to their necklace! Then, add a clasp, if desired.
All cutting and plier use should be done by an adult.