Whether they’re a queen with a magic mirror, a captain with a hook, or a fur coat-wearing dalmatian thief—villains enjoy special details and admiration. So before Halloween night arrives, craft simple-to-make evil table centerpieces that pay homage to the Evil Queen, Captain Hook and Cruella De Vil.
As their signature icons cast their glow, your guests will fall utterly under your fabulous party’s spell.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Vellum paper (8 1/2 by 11 inches)
- Regular paper (optional)
- Battery-operated LED light
- Double-sided tape
- Charger plate or mirror
- Themed accent decorations, such as jewels and fabrics (optional)
- Clear cylindrical vase (6 to 8 inches tall and 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter) (optional)
How To Make It
- Download and print the Evil Queen, Captain Hook or Cruella De Vil printable design on vellum (or regular) paper. Cut the white margins off.
- Affix three small pieces of double sided tape evenly along the inside, non-printed side the shorter edge of the vellum (or regular) paper.
Vellum paper is semi-transparent, so use as little tape as possible — only what is necessary to hold the paper in place as you roll it.
- Attach the opposite edge of the vellum (or regular paper) to the inside, taped edge, so the paper creates a cylinder shape.
- Arrange your centerpiece:
Turn on the LED light and place it inside the rolled vellum paper or vase.
Fill the charger plate at the base of the evil table centerpiece with glitter, confetti, candy or party favors that complement your theme.
Add even more creative accent decorations in the spirit of each villain’s theme:
– scatter jewels and gold coins as treasure around Captain Hook’s centerpiece
– use a red charger plate and black and white faux fur as a base for Cruella de Vil’s centerpiece
– set the Evil Queen’s centerpiece on a round mirror and decorate with jewels.
Make several more evil table centerpieces. Print a new sheet of vellum paper designs for each additional centerpiece you intend to create. Follow the same steps as before to craft them.
Cluster several evil table centerpieces together on your table for a greater, more magical, impact.
- Using a vase (optional):
Affix three small pieces of double-sided tape down the outside of the vase — one piece at the top, one in the middle and one near the base.
Lay the printed, trimmed paper on a flat surface. Run a line of double-sided tape down one edge of the printed vellum (or regular) paper.
On the opposite edge, stick the vase to the paper with three pieces of tape. Roll the vase until the edges meet and press the two edges together. Use several pieces of double-sided tape to attach the vase to the center of the charger.
Cutting should be done by an adult.