Create your own pumpkin inspired by D-O from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker! Keep reading to learn how to make your own.
Don’t miss Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in theaters December 20th! Get tickets.
Time: 3 hours
What You’ll Need
- Round white or beige pumpkin
- White paint
- Silver paint
- Paint brush
- Black, green, and silver self-adhesive vinyl
- Black thick craft foam
- Small and large wooden skewers
- Styrofoam cone
- Cardboard tube
- Black marker
- Clear magic tape
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Paint the pumpkin with white paint. Paint the pumpkin stem with silver paint.
- Add silver brush strokes around the pumpkin to give it a weathered look. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Wrap the cardboard tube with silver self-adhesive vinyl. Paint the large wooden dowel with silver paint.
- Cut about 3-inch and 6-inch rectangles from the black thick craft foam. Glue the 3-inch pieces together in a stack of four to create the neck of the droid. Glue the 6-inch pieces in a stack of four, and then wrap the pieces in silver self-adhesive vinyl and tape.
- Color the small wooden dowels with the black marker and allow them to dry.
- Cut a few inches off the styrofoam cone and then wrap it in white self-adhesive vinyl. From the black self-adhesive vinyl, cut out three oval shapes and apply them to the top of the cone. Apply green self-adhesive vinyl to the tip of the cone.
- Insert the small wooden dowels into the back of the droid’s head. Use hot glue and connect the head to the 3-inch stack of craft foam created for the neck.
- Use hot glue and attach the head to the silver base. Then, use hot glue and attach the silver base to the two silver rods with the large wooden dowel and cardboard tube.
- Cut the large wooden dowel and cardboard tube down so the bottom reaches the middle of the pumpkin. Use hot glue and attach the dowel on the pumpkin.
- Cut a 2.5-inch piece of black craft foam and attach it under the silver base.
- Cut strips of black self-adhesive vinyl and make lines on the front and center of the pumpkin to create the wheel.
- Cut out two triangles from the green self-adhesive vinyl and place them on the front of the wheel.
- Use the black marker to draw lines down the center of the two strips of black self-adhesive vinyl on the pumpkin to create the tracks of the wheel.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.