With star details and bright yellow accents, this fun DIY creates a fun maze game for the whole family to enjoy! Practice hand-eye coordination by moving the tray just enough to roll a marble through the maze. Add a few marbles for an extra challenge.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now available on Blu-Ray & Digital HD.
Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Plastic tray with tall edges
- Black poster board
- Super glue
- 6 wooden dowels that fit the width of your tray
- Yellow acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Small paintbrush
- Medium paintbrush
How To Make It
- Place tray on black poster board and trace with pencil around the bottom. Cut out the shape and super glue inside the tray. This creates a matte surface and gives the marble a little more traction.
- Paint wooden dowels yellow and set aside to dry. These pieces will create your maze, so use as many or as few as you like, depending on how challenging you want your maze.
- Dip a small paintbrush into the white paint and dot the poster board on the inside of the tray to make little stars. Create a whole galaxy by painting large, medium, and small dots.
- Once the white stars and yellow dowels are dry, super glue the dowels in a pattern to create the maze. For easy application, place the dowel where you’d like it, roll it slightly down, apply the glue in a straight line, and roll the dowel back into place.
- Let the glue dry completely overnight.
- Place a marble at the top of the maze and enjoy the journey down to the bottom! Be careful not to tilt the tray too quickly!