Every Disney fan will tell you that Dole Whip and Churros are a must-have when you visit the Disney Parks. I mean, what’s not to love about Dole Whip? It’s a soft-serve, frozen pineapple treat that’s refreshing and delicious! And you can’t go wrong with a long donut covered in cinnamon-sugar! Churros are my absolute favorite treat at Disneyland. Keep reading to learn how to make your own DIY Dole Whip and Churro ornaments from felt. They’re the perfect way to bring the magic of the Disney Parks into your holiday décor!
What You’ll Need
- Tan, light brown, white, yellow, light yellow, and black felt
- White thread and a sewing needle
- Polyfill stuffing
- Twine or ribbon
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- DOLE WHIP: Start by cutting out 2 Dole Whip shapes out of yellow felt. Cut out two bowl-shapes out of white felt. Cut out the “swirl” details out of light yellow felt.
- Stitch the yellow and white felt pieces using your needle and thread. Be sure to leave an opening at the top to add the polyfill stuffing. Attach a twine or ribbon loop to the top of the ornament with a dot of hot glue. Fill the ornament with polyfill stuffing and stitch the opening shut.
- Using hot glue to attach the light yellow”swirl” detail.
- CHURRO: Cut out a 5″ long strip from the tan felt, and four 5″ strips from the light brown felt for the churro details. Roll the tan felt piece.
- Secure edges with hot glue. Fill with polyfill stuffing. Cut out 2 small circles out of tan felt and attach to the top & bottom openings with hot glue.
- Attach a twine or ribbon loop to the top of the ornament with a dot of hot glue. Attach light brown stripes with hot glue. Cut a small strip of white felt. Cut out a small Mickey-shape or 3 circles (1 large and 2 small) out of black felt. These pieces will be for the churro wrapper. Wrap the white felt piece at the base of the churro ornament. Secure with hot glue. Finally, add the Mickey-shape to the white felt with hot glue.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.