Make a magical gift for Mom that she can use every day. Choose her favorite colors and she’ll be delighted!
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- White ceramic mug
- Alphabet stickers
- T-shirt or fabric
- Acrylic paint for glass and ceramics
- Medium circle sponge paintbrush
- Small circle sponge paintbrush
How To Make It
- Wash mugs with soap and water.
- Press alphabet stickers onto fabric to lessen stickiness.
- Carefully remove stickers from fabric and press onto mug.
- Prepare a palette of ceramic paints. Choose three favorite colors.
- Paint layers of Mickey shapes over the alphabet stickers. Use a medium circle sponge paintbrush to create Mickey’s head, and a smaller circle sponge paintbrush to create Mickey’s ears.
- Once dry, remove stickers.
- Set the oven to 360 degrees and immediately place the mug in the oven. To prevent cracking, do not pre-heat oven prior to placing ceramic mug inside. Pre-heating may cause the ceramic mug to heat up too quickly.
- Bake mugs for 30 minutes. When time is complete, turn oven off and allow mug to cool there. Removing mug from oven too quickly may cause the mug to crack.
- Present mug to Mom on Mother’s Day!
The painted project becomes permanent after baking. All baking and oven use should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago