In honor of Earth Month, we love the idea of crafting something new out of items found around the house, especially those shipping boxes that seem to arrive at our doorstep more and more. Keep reading to find out how to recycle a cardboard box to make your very own 3D Mickey Puzzle! Draw out Mickey shapes, like his iconic red shorts and yellow shoes, and make a DIY puzzle that the whole family can build again and again.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Black, red, white and yellow paint
- Paint brush
How To Make It
- Sketch out Mickey shapes (head, pants, gloves, shoes) onto your cardboard, keeping them all relatively the same size. You can draw out some standard shapes to play with as well.
- Carefully cut out pieces. Cut thin, half-inch notches into various sides of each shape.
- Paint each piece and let dry completely.
- To play, place one piece onto another by sliding together at the notches.
All cutting should be done by an adult.