Halloween is just around the corner and monsters are popping up everywhere! Help your little one turn into one of their favorite Monsters, Inc. characters with this easy-to-make DIY Mike Wazowski Costume.
What’s Mike without his best friend Sulley? Grab this plush to complete the look!
What You’ll Need
- Lime green felt (about 60″ x 60″)
- White, light blue, and black felt
- Glue gun and glue
- Stiff gray felt
- Black headband
How To Make It
- Fold your 60″ x 60″ green felt into fourths. Cut a small semi-circle out of the corner. Make sure your child can easily put it on and that the hole is not too snug.
- Unfold the poncho and find the center of the fabric. Then add the Mike Wazowski features.
- For the eye, cut an 8-inch (in diameter) circle out of white felt, a 4 1/2-inch (in diameter) circle out of light blue felt, a 3 1/2-inch (in diameter) circle out of black felt, and a 1 1/2 inch (in diameter) circle out of white felt.
- Using your hot glue glue, attach all pieces by layering them onto the center of the green fabric.
- For the mouth, cut a semi-circle out of black felt. Then cut the teeth out of white felt. Attach pieces with hot glue.
- For the horns, cut 2 little triangles out of the stiff gray felt. Attach pieces onto the top of the black headband with hot glue. Allow the glue to set completely before wearing.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.