Looking for a fun and easy alternative to pumpkin carving? Inspired by Disney•Pixar’s Up, this sweet pumpkin craft is perfect for the Disney Family who loves a not-so-scary Halloween. Plus, an adventurous spirit never goes out of style, so it’s a great way to decorate your home or front porch for all of fall. Keep reading to find out how we made it!
Find more of our favorite crafts and recipes inspired by Disney•Pixar films below:
What You’ll Need
- Large white pumpkin
- Colorful tissue paper
- Glue stick
- Large paint brush
- Craft glue
- Colorful paper
- Black pen
How To Make It
- Cut out 35-40 oval shapes from various colors of tissue paper.
- Glue tissue paper ovals to the pumpkin with a glue stick. This will create the giant bunch of balloons. Make sure to layer them and vary the colors as you add more and more.
- Paint over the tissue paper pieces with craft glue to seal them.
- Draw and cut out the pieces for Carl’s house from colorful craft paper.
- Glue the pieces of the house together.
- Glue the house to the bottom of the pumpkin. Make sure to place glue only at the top of the house so the bottom edge doesn’t press against the pumpkin.
- Draw balloon strings from the bottom of each balloon towards the top of the house.
- Display your pumpkin on the front porch!
All cutting should be supervised by an adult.