Leave it to Goofy to put a fun spin on the classic “Do Not Disturb” sign. By hanging this friendly message from your child’s bedroom doorknob, they can let everyone know when they’ve decided to call it a day.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Craft or scrapbook paper (black, white, tan or beige, orange, green, and any color you like for the sign itself)
- Glue stick
- Black permanent marker
- Paper hole punch
- Ribbon (12-inch length)
How To Make It
- Print out the template and use it to cut out pieces from the specified colors of craft paper. Then cut out a 4- by 9-inch paper rectangle for the sign.
- Glue the face piece and collar to the head, as shown.
- Then glue the tops of the ears to the back of the head.
- Glue the head onto the sign so that the collar is flush with the bottom of the rectangle and the ears extend beyond the sides.
- Glue the nose onto the snout. Then glue the tops of the teeth to the back of the snout, as shown.
- Glue the snout onto the head.
- Cut 1/8-inch fringe in the bottoms of the eyelid pieces to resemble eyelashes. Glue the eyes onto the face.
- Use the marker to draw a band around the middle of the hat. Then glue the hat in place atop Goofy’s head.
- For the sign messages, your child can either cut out the wording from the template and glue the pieces in place, or use the marker to print the words and letters himself.
- For a hanger, punch holes in the upper corners of the sign. Then thread the ribbon ends through the holes and knot them so they won’t pull back through.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago