Keep these sweet little friends close by when your family has cold drinks! Inspired by the cute Ufufy plushes, these DIY Donald and Daisy Coasters are fun to make and useful to have around!
For some spring cleaning inspiration, watch this magical organization video:
What You’ll Need
- Thin white rope
- Hot glue
- Teal, brown, pink, and yellow felt
- Teal, brown, pink, yellow, purple, and white acrylic paint
- Acrylic paint sealant
How To Make It
- Add a small drop of glue to the end of the rope. Then, tightly curl it back and hold until the glue dries. (Be careful to not touch any of the glue.)
- Continue looping the rope around itself, gluing along the bottom as you go (this way you won’t see the glue on the top). Hold the rope swirl on a flat surface (instead of in your hand) to ensure a flat finish.
- Once the swirl is at the desired size, trim off the rope, add another drop of glue, then press it down to the side of the coaster.
- Turn the coaster over and add some extra glue in any places that need it. Let dry.
- Cut out 4 yellow feet, a teal and brown hat, and a pink bow from the felt.
- Paint the faces and details of Donald and Daisy onto the coasters. Let dry.
- Glue the feet to the back of the coasters so they’re sticking out just a little at the bottom. Then, glue Donald’s hat on the front (and slightly to the side) and Daisy’s bow at the middle front. Let dry.
- Paint a layer of sealant over the paint to help it last. Let dry.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.