Call him a show-off. Call him a prankster. Call him short-tempered. But thanks to his ever-positive outlook, you could never describe Donald as hardboiled. Unless…
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Hardboiled white egg (or wooden egg painted white)
- Cardboard tissue tube (1½ inches or so in diameter)
- Craft paint, blue and white
- White cardstock
- Glue dots
- Blue felt
- Threaded sewing needle
- Hot glue gun
- Blue plastic water or milk jug cap
- 5-inch length of thin blue ribbon
How To Make It
- Cut a 2-inch length from a toilet tissue tube, and snip a V-shape (about ¾ inch deep) in the top of the tube. Then paint the tube blue and set it aside to dry.
- Pencil a pair of narrow oval eyes (about 5/8-inch-long and ¼-inch-wide), eyebrows, and a curvy feather line on the upper egg, and then trace over the lines and color in the eyes with marker. Use the tip of a toothpick dipped in white craft paint to add a gleam to each eye. Set the egg atop the tube with the narrower end down.
- Print the template on white cardstock and cut out the pieces. Glue the center portion of the beak piece to the front of the egg just below the eyes, but leave the sides free to extend beyond the width of the egg. Glue the red bow tie to the tube at the bottom of the V.
- For Donald’s beret, use the hat template piece to cut out a circle from the felt. Stitch around the perimeter of the circle, as shown. Then pull the thread tight and knot it.
- Hot glue the felt, gathered side down, to the top of the jug cap. Wrap the ribbon tightly around the cap and glue the ends together. Trim the ribbon ends into a V-shape. Use a couple glue dots to stick the hat to the top of Donald’s head.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago