This summer, Dory, Marlin, and Nemo are back with an all-new underwater adventure. Make a splash with your own ocean-inspired world with a creative mason jar craft featuring Finding Dory aquarium ornaments from Petco.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Large mason jar or glass jar, labels removed
- Finding Dory aquarium ornaments from Petco
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Cupcake liner
- Colorful rocks and sand
- Colorful tissue paper
- Colorful straws
- Colorful Washi tape
How To Make It
- Prepare glass jar or mason jar by washing and removing all labels. Let dry.
- Warm up hot glue gun. Apply hot glue to inside of jar lid. Carefully place cupcake liner inside lid to create a raised base for ornaments.
- Apply hot glue to the bottom of Finding Dory aquarium ornaments and press onto cupcake liner.
- Apply hot glue to shell and press onto lid.
- Cut plastic straws in half, keeping the bendy half. Glue together with hot glue gun. Let dry. Extend the straws and bend in various directions to create coral.
- Apply hot glue to straw bunch and press onto lid so it stands up.
- Cut a small square of tissue paper, about 5-6 inches wide. Fold in half and make cuts about 2-3 inches deep along one side. The tissue paper might resemble a comb. Roll each section into a branch. Bend and twist to create the look of seaweed.
- Apply hot glue to bottom of tissue paper seaweed and press onto lid so it stands up.
- In a small bowl, mix colorful rocks and sand. Turn jar on its side and carefully pour rock and sand mixture inside. Don’t use too much or it will cover Dory and Nemo!
- Carefully place lid on jar, inserting the scene into the jar. Close tightly. Shake the jar to move the rocks and sand down to the bottom.
- Apply a layer of colorful washi tape to the outer edge of the jar lid.
- Place on a shelf and enjoy the view!
Posted 5 years Ago