Hi there! This Wilderness Explorer backpack featuring everyone’s favorite talking canine, Dug from UP, is the perfect size for storing snacks and toys for weekend expeditions with the family dog.
Time: 2 hours
What You’ll Need
- 2 pieces of 14 x 12 in. yellow fabric
- 1 yard rope
- Yellow thread
- Sewing machine
- Colored felt
- Disney Family template
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Take your pieces of fabric and lay them evenly on top of each other. Fold the top sides over about 1/2 inch and sew down about 3 inches. Repeat on the other piece.
- Fold the top down 1 inch and sew down.
- Place each fabric piece on the other with the insides facing out.
- Pin the pieces together.
- Take the rope and thread it through one top fold with a safety pin. Loop back through the other side, then back again through the first.
- Pull through until the ends are even lengths, then tuck them into the backpack so that the ends are coming out slightly from the inside. Pin them down.
- Sew the backpack together, making sure to sew the rope down. Remove all pins, then flip inside out.
- Cut out Dug template, then cut out corresponding colored felt. Place his face and collar onto the backpack, then glue each piece on with hot glue.
Posted 7 months Ago