Get in character by creating your own felt ears with our helpful Dumbo template.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Gray stiff felt (2 sheets)
- Light pink stiff felt
- Gray (or white) headband
- Hot glue
- Pen or pencil
How To Make It
- Print the template and cut it out.
- Trace the gray ear template on gray felt twice and cut out each piece.
- Trace the pink ear template on pink or flesh-colored felt twice and cut out each piece.
- For the right ear, hot glue a pink ear to the top of a gray ear, lining the pink ear up with the bottom and sides of the gray ear.
- Place the ear on a flat work surface, pink side down.
- Line the headband up along the edge of the ear on top of the gray tabs — the bottom of the ear should be just above the headband. Wrap the gray felt tabs around the headband, securing each tab to the back of the ear with hot glue.
- Repeat step 4 with the left ear, making sure that the ear is flipped in the opposite direction of the right ear.
- Allow the glue to fully dry before wearing Dumbo’s ears.
Cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 4 years Ago