Frozen-inspired heart basket is a beautiful symbol of the love the two sisters share. Create your own heart as gifts and spread the Frozen love!
Don’t miss Frozen Weekend March 26 and 27 on Freeform!
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 2 shades of scrapbook paper
- Clear tape
- Tiny purple flower stickers
- Heart-shaped faux gems or sequin
- Paper doily
- Glue stick or glue dots (for attaching the sequin and mini snowflakes)
How To Make It
- Print the template and use the pieces as patterns for cutting out the shapes from the two shades of paper. Fold each of the colored cutouts in half with the template piece on top, as shown, and cut along the dotted lines.
- Remove the templates but keep the colored cutouts folded. Position them at right angles to each other with the rounded edges at the top.
- To start weaving the basket, begin with the upper strip of the right half of the heart (in this case, the blue half), alternately slipping it over and through the strips of the left (purple) half of the heart.
- Next, weave the second strip of the right half, this time first slipping it through and then over the strips of the left half.
- Continue weaving the strips in this manner, sliding the rows toward the center as you go, until you’ve completed the heart.
- For the basket handle, knot the ends of a short length of ribbon, and tape the knots to the inside of the basket.
- Now it’s time to decorate the basket with flower stickers, heart-shaped faux gems or sequin, and mini snowflakes (cut from the lacy pattern of a paper doily).
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 6 years Ago