Channel your inner snow queen and add beautiful icy touches and sparkle to your Frozen-themed party with this Elsa-inspired wall hanger.
Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock (white)
- Clear tape
- Glue stick
- Blue or silver metallic ribbon
- Adhesive poster strips or adhesive putty
- Silver or blue metallic paper (optional)
- Silver and blue jewels, gems and glitter (optional)
- Dark blue piece of fabric or poster board (optional)
How To Make It
- Download and print the Elsa wall hanger printable on regular paper or cardstock. Print enough of the cutouts to make each shape double sided.
- Cut out the icicle, snowflake, and crown shapes.
Optional: Use the cut-outs as stencils and trace around them on silver or light blue metallic paper. Cut out the shapes and use these instead of the printed ones.
- Arrange the snowflake shapes, printed sides down, into six columns with four to seven snowflakes in each. Include the largest snowflakes at the top two of the columns and only smaller snowflakes in the other columns, as shown in the image provided. Vary the pattern of the snowflake sizes as you wish. Leave small spaces between the snowflakes.
- Cut six lengths of metallic ribbon about 3 to 5 inches longer than the columns of snowflakes.
- Tape the end of the first piece of ribbon to the center-back of the bottom snowflake of the first column. Lay the ribbon over the rest of the snowflakes in that column, and then stick it in place with a small piece of tape on the back of each snowflake.
- Tape the other five lengths of ribbon to the other columns of snowflakes in the same manner as the first.
- Create the middle column that includes the crown and snowflake shapes. Place the crown shape in front of you, printed side down, and arrange a large snowflake above the crown, and three snowflakes below in the column, as shown. Cut a length of metallic ribbon about 3 to 5 inches longer than the column. Lay the ribbon over the snowflake and crown shapes and tape to the back of each shape.
- Arrange the icicle shapes, printed sides down, and tape a few together so you create icicle groupings, as shown.
- Glue another snowflake or icicle cutout to the back of each corresponding shape so that each shape is double sided. This will ensure that even when the shapes on the hanger move naturally, a printed side will be showing.
Optional: Decorate the shapes with jewels and glitter that complement the colors of the printables.
- Place the strands of snowflakes along the wall at equal distances apart, with the crown-and-snowflake centerpiece in the middle. Use adhesive poster strips or small pieces of adhesive putty to secure the icicles at the tops of the hanging columns to the wall. Secure the groups of icicles above the hanging strands, as shown.
Optional: Mount a piece of dark blue fabric or poster board to the wall as a backdrop before you hang the strands of snowflakes. This will give the hanger even more of that icy Elsa effect.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Adhesive putty and poster strips can usually be removed without leaving marks on your wall, so they are ideal for temporary party decorations.