“Sssay now, what have we here?” At first glance, you may think of a pesky python with an insatiable appetite for man-cub. But rest assured this sparkly-eyed reptilian replica has no power to hypnotize. Rather, it’s designed to help voracious readers keep their place. Or, you can turn it into a clever Kaa refrigerator magnet by attaching a strip of adhesive magnetic tape to the back.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Cardstock or heavyweight craft paper (light tan and medium brown)
- Dark brown craft paint
- Small paintbrush
- Yellow glitter glue (or clear glitter glue with a little bit of yellow paint mixed in)
- Glue stick
- Glue sealer (such as Mod Podge) and a soft wide paintbrush or small foam brush (optional)
How To Make It
- Print the first page of the template on light tan cardstock or paper, and the second page on medium brown cardstock or craft paper. Cut out all the pieces.
- Glue the eyes onto the head piece, and paint the area around the pupils with yellow glitter glue. Set the head aside until the glue is dry.
- Paint the outlined spots on the snake back medium brown, and let the paint dry.
- Glue the painted back piece onto the tan base, matching up the edges (note: a small section of the tan is meant to show to resemble the underside of the tail). Glue the head in place as well.
- For the finishing touch, brush a light coat of the sealer on the front and back of the assembled bookmark, and let the bookmark dry before using it.