We can’t think of a better duo to help ring in Father’s Day than Nemo and Marlin! This clownfish dad loves nothing more than his cute son, so it’s only fitting to pay tribute to Dad with this sweet homemade Father’s Day card.
Grab some paper and scissors to create this fun Finding Nemo-inspired pop-up experience. Your kiddo will love lending a hand in the creative process and writing a memorable message to Dad.
For more fun, check out these Disney•Pixar DIYs:
Time: 15 Minutes
What You’ll Need
- Printable Finding Nemo Pop-up Card Template
- Paper or cardstock
- Markers or colored pencils
- Paper clip
How To Make It
- Download and print the template. Then, let your kiddo color in Marlin and Nemo with markers or colored pencils.
- Using a ruler and paper clip, score on the dotted line of the template.
- Cut out all pieces. Don’t forget to cut into the nook for both Marlin (by his fin) and Nemo (by his tail).
- Mountain fold at all the dotted lines except for the card base, which should be valley folded.
- Put glue onto the bigger gray triangle of the card base. Then, place Tab A so that the letters are facing down.
- Glue Tab B in place. Make sure the dotted line of the piece you just glued aligns with the dotted line on the card base. Press firmly.
- Put glue on the gray trapezoid and place Tab D so the letters are facing down. Again, press firmly.
- Put glue on the gray mound-shaped area and place Tab C (Marlin) down. The curves of the mound and of Marlin should match up.
- Before gluing the remaining gray area, make sure the top half of Nemo matches its shape. If it does, you’re ready to glue it down!
- Once dry, hand your little one a pen and encourage them to write a special message to Dad for Father’s Day.
All cutting should be done by an adult.