He’s that huggable, lovable Muppet that makes everybody laugh! Make your very own Fozzie Bear from foam coffee cups.
Don’t miss the series premiere of The Muppets on Tuesday, September 22 at 8|7c on ABC.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 3 foam coffee cups
- White tissue paper
- Brown felt
- Paint: honey brown, magenta, mauve
- Markers: brown, black, lavender
- 3/4″ Styrofoam ball
- Tools: white craft glue, scissors, toothpick
How To Make It
- Use white craft glue to stick two of the cups together, rim to rim. Allow them to dry for about 20 minutes then paint both cups with Honey Brown. Set aside to dry.
- The third foam cup will be used to make additional pieces for Fozzie, such as his ears. Cut two round shapes, leaving a “tab” on the side of each one. Paint them both Honey Brown and set aside to dry.
- Cut a piece of white tissue paper to 16″x3″. Fold it in half lengthwise, then crease it in half again. Using magenta paint and your fingerprint, add polka dots to the white tissue paper. Set aside to dry.
- Using a toothpick to hold the Styrofoam ball, paint the ball with mauve and poke the other end of the toothpick into foam core board or a cork board to dry.
- Cut two circles from the extra foam cup for the eyes. Use a lavender marker to color eyelids, then outline the lids with black marker and add pupils.
To assemble Fozzie, break or cut the toothpick (attached to the Styrofoam ball) in half. Add some white craft glue where the ball meets the toothpick and push the toothpick into the foam cup where his nose should be. Glue the eyes above the nose. Add eyebrows with a black marker and a smile with a brown marker. Use scissors to carefully cut small slits for the ears and insert the tabs.
Using the extra foam cup as a guide, cut a circle of brown felt for the top of Fozzie’s hat and glue to the top of his head. Cut another piece of brown felt, this time like a doughnut, and slide that over the top of the head for the brim of the hat. Glue in place.
For Fozzie’s scarf/ascot, wrap the polka dotted tissue paper around the bottom half of the two foam cups and carefully tie in the front. Be careful, tissue paper tears easily!
Cutting should be done by an adult.