When Snow White and all the woods animals opened the door to the Seven Dwarfs’ cottage and discovered how messy it was inside, they all joined forces scrubbing and cleaning the place from ceiling to floor. This easy-to-make felt duster is designed to let your little worker bee get a handle on helping to keep her own digs in tiptop shape.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Yellow, red, and blue felt (one 9- by 12-inch piece of each)
- Wide rubber band
- Long handled wooden spoon
- Sewing scissors
- Tape measure
How To Make It
- Stack the felt rectangles on top of one another with the longer edges at the top and the bottom. Fold the stack in thirds so that the sides overlap across the middle.
- Bunch together the top of the folded stack and wrap the rubber band around it to hold it.
- Insert the handle of the wooden spoon up through the center of the folded felt and out the cinched top (the bowl of the spoon should come to rest right below the rubber band).
- Fringe the felt, making the strips 3/4 to 1 inch wide and stopping your cuts 1 1/2 inches below the rubber band.
- Finally, wrap a piece of ribbon around the rubber band to cover it, and tie the ends into a bow.
Cutting should be done by an adult.