Family fun crafts to inspire play this Christmas – whether you want to keep kids occupied when visiting family this Christmas, or simply enjoy a cute twist on an ever enduring classic game of Tic Tac Toe together on the floor beside the tree, this wine cork craft may be the inspiration you seek. The lovable Olaf and Sven characters from Frozen are created from painted wine corks and felt.
Catch the premiere of Frozen on Disney Channel on Sunday, February 14th at 7pm.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Ten wine/champagne corks
- Acrylic paints and brushes
- Felt – light brown for Sven’s antlers, black for Olaf’s twigs
- Fabric Glue
How To Make It
- Simply paint five corks white and five corks brown and leave aside to dry.
- To create Olaf, paint on the eyes, eyebrows and buttons with black paint and the nose with orange paint. Snip pieces of black felt for the twig hair and attach with the felt glue.
- To create Sven all you need are white eyes with black dots for the pupils and snips of light brown felt attached to the head with the felt glue for the antlers
- For the play mat I sewed some zig zag stitch lines on a piece of craft felt – a 5 minute option. You can of course just draw some lines on a piece of paper or cardboard and the fun will flow just as well.
Cutting should be done by an adult.