The lovable Rock Trolls from Frozen were the unsung heroes of the story. They are so so cute, especially the baby ones, and saved Anna’s life twice. Their song “Fixer Upper” will get stuck in your head for weeks – but in a good way.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Toilet roll cores or cardboard tubes
- Sticky Tape
- Craft Glue
- Acrylic paint: white and black
- Glue gun or fast drying glue
- Snips of wool or shredded paper for the hair
How To Make It
- First cut the toilet roll/cardboard tube in two.
- Stuff the tilt roll with newspaper, sealing the base with sticky tape to ensure the paper stays inside.
- Finish the newspaper stuffing on top in a dome shape, for the head. Secure all in place with sticky tape.
- Roll a piece of newspaper into a ball and stick it on for the nose.
Fold and scrunch pieces of newspaper roughly into an ear shape and attach with sticky tape. Don’t worry these are rock trolls so exacting features are not required. The goofier and non-symmetrical you make them the better!
When ears and nose are attached it’s time for one layer of paper mache, layer over small strips of newspaper until all surface areas are covered, and the nose and ears merge into the overall shape.
- Leave overnight to dry and paint with light grey paint. Start with white paint and add a little black bit by bit until you get the grey tone you want.
When the grey is dry use a pencil to very lightly draw on the eyes, mouth and teeth….and with your black and white paint just color in. Use the black paint to give the troll nice big nostrils too.
- Finish your troll by gluing on snips of wool or shredded paper on the head and eyebrows.
And all that’s left is to play, play, play and create new and exciting Frozen story lines for the entire playroom population to enjoy!
Cutting should be done by an adult.