Homework is fun when your favorite Disney pal, Goofy, is there to lend a hand. Turn a recycled oatmeal container into a Goofy pencil caddy!
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Clean, empty oatmeal container
- Black cardstock
- Felt (black, white, and tan)
- Tacky glue
How To Make It
- Start with a clean, empty oatmeal container. Measure 5″ up from the bottom of the oatmeal container and draw a line around the perimeter of the oatmeal container. Cut along the line and remove the excess canister.
- Cut a strip of cardstock 5.25″ wide. Spread glue on the back of the cardstock and wrap it around the oatmeal container, covering the label. You may need more then one piece of cardstock to cover the whole perimeter.
- Print the template, cut out the shapes, and trace them on the felt. Use black felt for Goofy’s ears, eyes, and nose. Use the white felt for his eyes and teeth, and tan felt for his muzzle. Glue the teeth to the bottom of Goofy’s muzzle.
- Glue Goofy’s features to the Oatmeal container. Glue the whites of his eyes first, then his muzzle and teeth, and then his pupils and nose.
- Glue Goofy’s ears to the sides of the canister with a thin line of tacky glue.
- Let the glue dry, and fill your caddy with pencils and pens.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 5 years Ago