This hauntingly homey cross stitch is the perfect addition for your humble abode. Use patterns to create a “Tomb Sweet Tomb” sign and replicate the Haunted Mansion’s signature wallpaper!
Time: 5 hours
What You’ll Need
- Aida fabric, 14-count
- Tapestry needles
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoop
How To Make It
- Measure and cut out a square of Adia fabric (at least 8″ x 8″).
- Fold a fabric square into fourths. The creases will create an “X” and help you find the center of the square. Center the square in the wooden embroidery hoop.
- Cut off a piece of embroidery floss. The embroidery floss is made of six strings. Pull two of the strings off of the floss and use this to thread your needle.
- Find the center of the cross stitch pattern and start stitching the horizontal line nearest to you. For these patterns, you will begin at the top of the first “E” in “Sweet,” or the black pattern on the Haunted Mansion wallpaper.
- To begin stitching, start from the back of the fabric and pull the needle through at the bottom left corner to the upper right corner of the “X” you are about to make. Leave a tail of thread on the back of the fabric that you will later stitch over and secure down. Next stitch from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner to complete the “X”. Use the pattern to guide you on which squares to fill in with the correct color. Stitch with one color at a time and skip over squares that are left blank or are not the corresponding color. You will fill in these squares once you switch colors.
- To finish off a thread, slide it through the loops of the channel you made by the stitching. To change colors or start a new tread, slide the thread through the loops like you did to finish off your previous thread, or leave a tail and stitch it down as you go, like you did with your very first thread.
Posted 2 years Ago