Right before Tinkerbell accompanies the other fairies to the mainland, Terrance hands her a little pouch filled with magic Pixie Dust to tide her over while she’s gone.
Decorated with stick-on felt hearts, one of these enchanting pouches makes a sweet gift for your child to give to a special friend — it’s the perfect size for packing valentine candies and trinkets.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Low-temperature glue gun
- Small sticky-back felt hearts (sold in craft stores) or small hearts cut from regular felt
- Small adhesive-back Velcro fastener
How To Make It
- Print out the template and cut it out. Pin the template to a piece of felt and then cut around it.
- Remove the pins and template. Then fold the felt where indicated on the template to create the pocket portion of the pouch.
- Glue the felt edges together along both sides of the pocket, as shown. The felt above the pocket will serve as a flap that folds down to close the pouch.
- Create a tab on the pouch flap by sticking two felt hearts back-to-back, so that they sandwich the lower edge of the flap between them, as shown. Your child can grasp this heart tab whenever he or she wants to open the pouch.
- Attach one half of the Velcro fastener to the underside of the tab heart and the other half to the corresponding place on the pouch.
- Now close the pouch and let your child decorate it by sticking on additional felt hearts.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.