Outfit your own adorable sidekicks in these DIY headbands inspired by some of our favorite new friends from Moana, Pua and Heihei. Whether you’re hosting a movie night or a birthday party, your kids will love to craft and play dress up with these colorful characters.
Be sure to share your #DisneyWeekend with us on Instagram by tagging @DisneyFamily! Disney’s Moana is now available on Blu-ray & Digital HD. Get it now.
Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper
- Foam sheets (golden-yellow, red, white, grey, pink)
- Hot glue
- Headbands (1” thickness recommended)
How To Make It
- Draw out Pua’s ears and grey spots onto foam sheets. You will need two white ear shapes and two smaller, pink ear shapes for the inner ear.
- Measure and draw out a piece of white foam that will completely cover the outer edge of the headband.
- Hot glue the white foam piece onto the outer edge of the headband.
- Hot glue the pink inner ear shapes to the white outer ear shapes.
- Gently roll the inner edge of the ear shapes to create a floppy ear effect. Hot glue each ear shape into place on top of the headband.
- Hot glue the grey spots onto the headband. Make sure to hot glue one spot onto Pua’s left ear. Let dry completely before wearing.
- Draw out an abstract shape onto red foam for the comb on top of Heihei’s head.
- Measure and draw out a piece of golden-yellow foam that will completely cover the outer edge of the headband.
- Hot glue the red comb into place on top of the headband. Let dry completely before wearing.
All cutting and hot gluing should be supervised by an adult.