From zero to hero, make this lightning bolt pillow inspired by Hercules for your family’s coziest corner.
Time: 2 hours
What You’ll Need
- 1 yard of yellow fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Yellow thread
- Threaded needle
How To Make It
- Fold the yellow fabric in half to make two layers on top of each other. The inside of each layer should be facing outwards.
- Use a ruler and pencil draw out a line that is 11 inches long at the top of the fabric. Clockwise from the top line, the measurements for each edge of the lightning bolt are 6”, 4”, 18”, 3”, 6”, 10.5”, 3”, 5”, 3.5”, and 9”. Reference the image for the shape.
- Pin around the entire lightning bot shape and carefully cut out the pattern.
- Use a sewing machine to sew together, keeping an edge of about half an inch around the pattern. Leave 4-5 inches unsewn along the top line.
- Cut small slits in the extra fabric at each corner. This prevents the extra fabric from pulling and bunching at the corners.
- Turn the pillow inside out and add stuffing.
- Complete the pillow stitching the opening at the top. You can hand sew or use a sewing machine for this step.
All cutting and sewing machine use should be done by an adult.
Posted 4 years Ago