Here’s a holiday decoration inspired by a favorite pastime shared by Disney fans everywhere — discovering hidden Mickeys. Using festive craft papers, you and your child can create peppermint candy gift tags and garlands that have an uncanny resemblance to the world’s most sought after mouse.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Red cardstock
- Craft paper (red-and-white striped and plain white)
- Glue stick
- Sewing needle
- Red embroidery floss or monofilament
How To Make It
- Print the template and use it to cut out the shapes from the specified types and colors of paper.
- Assemble the face mint and the two ear mints by gluing the centers onto the respective striped peppermint pieces.
- Glue the ear mints in place atop the red paper Mickey head.
- Next, glue the face mint in place (the top of it should slightly overlap the bottoms of the ear mints).
- For an individual gift tag, simply thread a shorter length of embroidery floss through the top of a single Mickey mint and tie it into a loop. For a garland, make as many paper Mickey mints as you like and string them together with embroidery floss or monofilament by sewing through the tops, as shown.
Cutting should be done by an adult.