We are so excited to share another Disney Princess-inspired craft as a part of #12DaysofPrincess! If you’re looking for a fun way to add festive décor into your child’s bedroom this holiday, we can’t get enough of this modern take on a DIY holiday tree. Each one is inspired by some of your favorite Disney Princesses, including Ariel, Jasmine, Mulan, Rapunzel, and Tiana!
Keep reading to learn how to make each one.
What You’ll Need
- 12-16″ cones
- Hot glue
- Paint (green)
- Felt (green)
- Craft paper (glitter green)
- 1″ circle punch
- Small strand of pearls
- Craft foam (purple)
- Glitter glue
- Paint (purple)
- Ribbons (purple)
- Tulle (gold)
- Craft paper (gold)
- Craft foam (yellow)
- Small craft flowers (multi-color)
- Paints (cream, dark pink)
- Ribbons (lime green, dark green, navy, red)
- Tulle (cream, cut to 8” wide and 24” long)
- Pink flower
- Paints (light yellow, glitter)
- Craft paper (yellow, green)
- Iridescent glitter
- Green ribbon
- Firefly string lights
- Silk lily
- Paints (turquoise, gold glitter)
- Tulle (dark turquoise, light turquoise)
- Craft paper (gold reflective, gold glitter)
- Gold ribbon
- Blue jewel
- Blue ribbon as lamp backing
- Blue colored pencil
How To Make It
- ARIEL: Paint the cone green and allow to dry. Cut out 1” circles from both felt and glitter green paper. Glue them onto the cone with hot glue, layering as you go. Work around cone from bottom to top.
- Hot glue one end of the strand of pearls to the bottom of the cone and wrap around to the top. Secure with hot glue.
- Cut a shell shape out of purple craft foam and add details using glitter glue. Allow to dry. Hot glue the shell to the top of the cone.
- RAPUNZEL: Paint cone purple. Add four decorative ribbons to each side of the cone. Star by hot gluing one end of the ribbon to the top of the cone. Let the ribbon fall straight down the cone and wrap under the cone. Secure it the ribbon with another dot of hot glue. Hot glue four 1/4″ purple ribbons in the center of the larger ribbons.
- Braid three long pieces of gold tulle. Hot glue the start of the braid to the top of the cone. Wrap the rest of the braid around the cone and secure with another dot of hot glue at the bottom. If you have excess braid, you can wrap the excess several times around the base of the cone to look like a pile of Rapunzel’s hair.
- Hot glue decorative flowers to the braid, concentrating them in a couple key places. Cut the sun shape out of gold glitter paper. Glue onto yellow craft foam and cut around the sun shape leaving a small boarder of yellow craft foam showing. Attach to the top of the cone.
- MULAN: Paint the cone with cream. Hot glue cream tulle to the bottom-half of the cone. Starting at the back of the cone, pinch and gather the tulle as you hot glue to create volume. Trim any excess once you’ve wrapped all the way around the cone.
- Add lime green ribbon to the cone. This should be in the top 1/3 of the cone. Start at the front of the cone where the tulle starts and hot glue the end of the ribbon in place. Wrap the ribbon at a diagonal to the back and hot glue the back in place. Trim excess. Repeat going in the opposite direction so you have a “v” shape made of ribbon. Repeat the “v” shape using dark green ribbon and inset the ribbon slightly so the lime green ribbon shows up on the outside.
- Add a band of navy ribbon around the middle of the cone. Wrap it a few times around and secure it with a dot of hot glue. Add a thin red ribbon around the middle of the navy ribbon and secure with hot glue. Add a pink flower to the top. Paint dark pink on the petals to make it even more detailed.
- TIANA: Paint cone light yellow. Cut petal shapes out of green and yellow paper. (We had about 25-30 green and 10 yellow.) Paint the petals with silver glitter paint and while the paint is still wet, dip the edges of the petals in iridescent glitter. Let dry.
- Hot glue the petals to the cone, starting with a green layer on the bottom. Next, add in a layer of yellow petals slightly higher than the green petals. Add a few more rows of green petals until you get to the top of the cone. Create a vine using 2 pieces of green ribbon and wire. Lay the two ribbons out and put a line of hot glue on one of them.
- Carefully place the wire in the middle of the hot glue and add the other ribbon on top. Allow to dry, then twirl the ribbon to look like a vine. Set aside. Wrap the cone in firefly lights. Tuck the wire of the lights underneath the petals as you go. This will allow the petals to glow, but the wire will remain hidden. Use a dab of hot glue to attach the vine to the top of the cone. Add the lily to the top of the cone.
- JASMINE: Paint the cone turquoise and allow to dry. Paint gold glitter paint over the bottom half of the cone. Using a piece of light turquoise tulle, add a loop to the side of the
cone starting where the glitter paint ends. Secure the bottom of the loop to the bottom of the cone. Add a piece of the dark turquoise tulle to the outside of the light turquoise loop so the dark turquoise loop is on the outside of the light loop. Repeat on the other side.
- Add gold ribbon around the cone where the tulle and glitter paint end. You should cover the ends of the tulle with the ribbon. Cut out a jewel shape from your reflective gold paper that is slightly larger than your blue jewel. Glue the blue jewel to the gold paper jewel shape, then glue your gold-backed jewel to the cone in the middle of the gold ribbon.
- Cut a lamp out of gold glitter paper and add in details using a blue colored pencil. Glue the lamp onto blue ribbon and cut around the lamp shape leaving some of the ribbon backing showing. Hot glue the lamp to the top of the cone.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.