The legend has arrived. And there’s no better way to celebrate than with this DIY photo backdrop that you can set up right in your living room. Add a DIY fan and an outfit inspired by Mulan, and make your movie night an event to remember.
Mulan is now streaming exclusively on Disney+ with Premier Access. For more info: DisneyPlus.com/Mulan
What You’ll Need
- Cardstock paper, in white and multiple shades of green (various sizes)
- Hot Glue
- Small pearl embellishments
- Silk plum blossoms (pink)
How To Make It
- To create the paper fan prop, fold white cardstock in an accordion fold. Fold in half, open back up, and set aside.
- Cut a flower out of green cardstock. Glue pearl embellishments in the center of the paper flower.
- Glue the paper flower to the center of your paper fan.
- To create the rosette photo backdrop, start by folding one sheet of green cardstock into an accordion fold. Bend that folded cardstock in half. Repeat with another sheet of cardstock in the same color. Staple the inside of the fold for each. Repeat with multiple sizes of cardstock, in white and various shades of green. You’ll need twice as many folded cardstocks to create your total number of rosettes.
- To make the rosette, line up two paper fans in the same color, and staple them together to create a full circle shape.
- Repeat these steps with various colors and sizes of cardstock. Our sample photo wall contains 11 rosettes, but feel free to make it your own.
- Arrange the rosettes along the wall and secure with tape or push pins. Embellish with silk plum blossoms if you’d like!
- Enjoy your photo backdrop and show us your best warrior pose! Be sure to tag @DisneyFamily on Instagram to share your Mulan movie nights.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.