Experience all the feels with this Inside Out–inspired abstract mini mobile DIY! Access your abstract thinking and bring a bit of Imagination Land to any room in the house.
What You’ll Need
- Colored paper (try glitter paper for added joy)
- 3 wood dowels
- 3 wood rings
- Dark green colored pencil
- Hot glue gun
How To Make It
- Mobile Steps: Tie three pieces of twine onto the wooden dowel, all at equal lengths from each other, and let them hang freely. Loop a longer piece of twine through the wooden ring and tie off the ends to each end of the wooden dowel.
- JOY: Cut out nine green circles in alternating sizes for Joy’s dress.
- Draw a flower pattern using a dark green colored pencil.
- Cut out four long, yellow rectangles for her arms.
- Cut out a blue hairpiece.
- Glue two arms and three dress pieces to the first and last strings of the mobile and glue the hairpiece and remaining three dress pieces to the middle string.
- BING BONG: Cut out a circle body, a triangle head, and a crescent-shaped trunk from hot pink paper.
- Cut out a bow tie, bowler hat, and tail from purple paper. Don’t forget the decorative stripes to make these pieces pop!
- Cut out two rectangle yellow and orange striped pants.
- Cut out one brown circle, and cut it in half to create jacket pieces.
- Cut out green, blue, yellow, purple, orange, and red teardrop shapes, and attach them to a small green circle to create Bing Bong’s flower boutonniere.
- Glue his trunk, flower boutonniere, jacket half, and one leg piece to the first string of the mobile.
- Glue his bowler hat, triangle head, bow tie, and circle body to the middle string of the mobile.
- Glue the other jacket half, his tail, and remaining leg piece to the last string.
- SADNESS: Cut out a pair of purple glasses, and one small purple circle to be cut in half as her shoes.
- Cut out two long white rectangles, one large white rectangle, and one small white rectangle.
- Cut out one large, light blue circle for her head, and two small light blue circles as her legs.
- Cut out two medium, dark blue rectangles as her pants, and one dark blue hairpiece.
- Cut out two small rectangles for her arms, one large rectangle for her body, and two long rectangles as sweater accents.
- Glue the glasses, one small white rectangle, one medium dark blue rectangle, one small light blue circle, and one small purple half-circle onto the first string of the mobile.
- Glue the large light blue circle, two long white rectangles, and one large white rectangle to the middle string of the mobile.
- Glue the hairpiece, one small white rectangle, one medium dark blue rectangle, one small light blue circle, and one small purple half-circle onto the last string of the mobile.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 months Ago